The Brain and the Mind – King’s College London
How much of who we are is mind, and how much is brain?
The Centre for the Humanities and Health at King’s College London and the Wellcome Trust are putting together a series of debates between neuroscientists, artists, philosophers and analysts. Organized by Lisa Appignanesi and Lara Feigel, this series contains a number of events including the following talks, open to all:
- “The Brain, Free Will and the Inner Life” (18 October 2012)
- “Darwin, Biology and the Brain’s Order and Disorders” (22 November 2012)
- “The Workings of Empathy” (4 December 2012)
- “Autism and the Concept of Psychological Normality” (31 January 2013)
- “The Gendered Brain” (26 February 2013)
- “You Must Remember This” (28 March 2013)
Speakers include Lisa Appignanesi, Simon Baron-Cohen, A. S. Byatt, Imogen Cooper, Tim Crane, Anthony David, David Papineau, and others.
For more information and booking details, click here.