European Union Health and Medicine Policy Resources (University of Pittsburgh)
For those interested in European Union health policies, the University of Pittsburgh Library offers online resources with access to EU publications in the field since the 1970s. According to its website, some of the more prominent themes and topics covered include:
• general health policies affecting the population at large
• issues pertaining to various aspects of women’s health
• disease prevention and treatment
• illicit drug use, prevention and treatment
• environmental issues relating to health
• industrial and workplace health issues
• regulations pertaining to the health care professions
• food safety
• a wide variety of social issues affecting health
• medical technology and research issues
• EU international activities in poverty reduction and disease prevention and treatment overseas as well as EU cooperation with international organizations on global health issues.
Thanks to Jonathan Erlen at the University of Pittsburgh for passing this on.